Friday, February 1, 2008

This link may or may not take you to my wiki

http://supercalifragilistiwiki.pbwiki.com/?pwd=t3FAZcfrwK

I like Mary Poppins. I wish I had her carpet bag. 'Wiki' is such a funny word, I was casting around for a name for my wiki, and the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious popped into my head. (Note: I did not check the spelling of that word.)
Setting up the wiki was very easy. It's kind of a shame the format is so simple, with few font options, but I guess they're keeping it simple for us. Maybe too simple - I copied the URL, but I'm not sure what you're going to see when you go to it. It takes me to a page that says its a real pbwiki page that I can edit. But I don't want to see that page. I want to see the page I already typed on. To get to the page I already made, you have to click on "Recent Activity" to the right of the page. Is it supposed to be like that? I guess it's not a blog where you would see the most recent post, but it always takes you to a new page? Help!

2 comments:

Stacey Greenwell said...

Looks like a wiki to me! (you created a page off the main page, and it's not terribly intuitive to access that) There are better wiki programs out there--this one was just easiest to use for this program.

Alex G. D. said...

I was just adding a bunch of UK librarian feeds to my reader and your feed seems to be freaking out a little. When I tried to subscribe none of your posts showed up in Google Reader.

It could be a Google problem, but I just thought I'd alert you. I suspect the problem might be the wiki link in your last post title, but that's a total guess on my part.

BTW, I like the post-it note theme. Blog posts are a little like those cute little yellow notes . . . although they do hang around for a lot longer.